How I Built My First Paid Website

I have been a web master or a website administrator for around a year or so, initially I built two sites which were entirely made using a free domain registrar and a free server. The free things are always got at the cost of quality. It applied here as well, the main problem I faced with free host was that their server up time was very low, most of the times the server was down and another problem was server overload, since lots of websites were built on a single server, the load was very high, as a result none of the sites would get proper resources.

How I Built My First Paid Website


Since I faced the above problems, I decided to go for a paid domain registrar and a paid host, so the first thing I had to decide was to thing of a domain name for my site and the sub-domain, as I am from India I chose '.in' as the extension and one more reason for choosing that extension was I was targeting visitors from India. So Finally I choose my domain name as here4mobile, the reason for this was my site was about mobile phones and all related news.

The next thing I had to choose was a good web host, the main thing we need to focus before choosing a web server, are the main features like PHP support, hard disk space, monthly data transfer allowed etc. The problem I faced was PHP, my host did not support PHP but I wanted to use WordPress as my content management system and PHP support was mandatory for that. Because of this only  page used to load but not . Since my hosting account did not allow me to install WordPress and I decided to change the host.

But changing the web host is not that easy since you need to change the name servers, to which your domain will point, the name server might take up to a day or two for updating from previous one to new one.

Once the name servers are updated I needed to install WordPress into my site and I did it using the tool Fantastico, which is built in most of the web hosts. After doing all these, the only thing left was to put contents on my site so that more and more visitors start visiting my site.